List of Art Supplies
IRREGULARLY UPDATED LIST OF ART SUPPLIES
Last Updated 03/01/17
I don't have any sort of sponsor links with JetPens, I just think they're doing real good work! I buy most of my supplies at Kinokuniya, but really want JetPens to get more money.
Most Used/Everyday Carry Bag
- Stillman & Birn Beta Sketchbook - Wirebound - 7" x 10" (JetPens)
- Raymay Topliner Pen Case - Violet (JetPens)
- Pentel Pocket Brush Pen (JetPens)
- Uniball Signo Broad in White (JetPens)
- Uni Kuru Toga Roulette Model Auto Lead Rotation Mechanical Pencil - 0.5 mm - Gun Metallic Body (JetPens)
- Pilot Color Eno Mechanical Pencil - 0.7 mm - Pink Body - Pink Lead (JetPens)
- Faber-Castell PITT Pen 1,5 in Black
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pen - Size 08 - 0.5 mm (JetPens)
- Pilot G-Tec-C Gel Pen - 0.4 mm - Black (JetPens)
- Pentel ClicEraser
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 847 - Crimson (JetPens)
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 623 - Purple Sage (JetPens)
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 443 - Turquoise (JetPens)
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 725 - Rhodamine Red (JetPens)
- iPad 12"
- Apple Pencil
- Procreate App
- Mechanical Pencil - Uni Kuru Toga Mechanical Pencil with 0.5 HB Lead
- Mechanical Pencil - Paper Mate Clear Point in 0.7mm Lead
- Pink Mechanical Pencil - Pilot Color Eno Mechanical Pencil (Pink)
- Sketching Colored Pencils - Prismacolor Col-Erase Erasable Colored Pencils, 24-Count
- Black Inking
- Inking - Faber-Castell Pitt Pens
- Inking - Pentel Arts Pocket Brush Pen
- Inking - Pentel Arts Aquash Light Black Pen
- Inking - Pilot G-Tec-C4 in Black
- Pink Inking
- Pink Pen - Faber-Castell Pitt Pen Brush in Crimson
- Pink Pen - Le Pen in Pink
- Pink Pen - Pilot Hi-Tec-C 0.3mm
- Pink Pen - Uniball Signo in True Pink 0.5mm
- Writing - Paper Mate Flairs
- Writing - Black Microns 0.5 and 0.8
- White Gel Pen - Uniball Signo Broad
- Colored Gel Pens - Sakura Gelly Roll
- Pentel Art Brush Pen - Gray (JetPens)
- Pentel Art Brush Pen - Red (JetPens)
- Inks - P.H. Bronner India Inks (Black Hicarb is my favorite.)
- Markers - Copic Ciao Sets Pastels and Brights
- Acrylics - Liquitex BASICS Acrylic Paint Tube 48-Piece Set
- Colored Pencils - Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils, Soft Core, 48-Count
- Watercolor Pencils - Derwent Water Color Pencils 24-Pack
- Paint Pens - Uni-Posca Extra Fine 12-Pack
- Watercolors - Holbien Set Of 24 5Ml Tubes
- Goache - Holbien Set Of 24 5Ml Tubes
- Sketchbook - Moleskine Sketchbook
- Sketchbook - Global Art Materials 10-1/2-Inch by 8-1/4-Inch Travelogue Watercolor Book, Grand Portrait
- Paper - Canson Watercolor
- Paper - Canson Mixed Media
- Kuretake Zig Cartoonist Menso Brush - Fine - Horse and Goat Hair
- Kuretake Zig Cartoonist Menso Brush - Fine - Kolinsky Hair
- Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush
- Craftamo Fine Detail Paint Brush Set
- Royal & Langnickel Soft-Grip Gold Taklon
- Palette - Martin Mijello Airtight Leak Proof Fusian Watercolor 24-Well Palette
- Cleaner - The Masters Brush Cleaner & Preserver 2.5
- Prismacolor Kneaded Rubber Eraser - Large (JetPens)
Here's an excerpt from a now-deleted blog post about my every day carry pouch! The post was originally from May 2017.
- Raymay Topliner Pen Case - Violet (JetPens) - I bought this case a couple weeks ago and I love it. It holds a lot of pens (including longer pens), has a hard shell and is unicorn colored. Also, it has a carrying handle, which is useless, but is very charming.
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 847 - Crimson (JetPens) - I carry 4 Tombow Brush pens in my go-to colors. Crimson is my current red. I do think I will change the red in the future. Crimson is a very deep red and I'm looking for a very pure blue-red.
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 443 - Turquoise (JetPens) - This is a gorgeous blue. It's so good to look at. I love it. Also, I love these pens because they don't bleed through paper like Copics.
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 725 - Rhodamine Red (JetPens) - THIS. IS. A. PERFECT. HOT. PINK. I thought it was going to be struggle to find a good hot pink to carry around, but Tombow had my back.
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 623 - Purple Sage (JetPens) - Out of all my go-to colors, lilac/lavender is the most difficult to find. Purple sage works as a perfect light purple & works as a great stand in for grays and shadow-making.
- Pentel Pocket Brush Pen (JetPens) - This brush pen is a very popular item among artists. I understand why-- it's super versatile. Thin lines, thick lines and coloring in large spaces. It can do it all! I'm not great at using it for line art (yet) but I LOVE it for coloring.
- Faber-Castell PITT Pen 1,5 in Black - This is my pen for thick lines. I'm super into Faber-Castell pens, but this is the only one that made it into my everyday carry pile. (And that was due to the fact I already owned it and needed a nice pen that had the thickness of a papermate flair.)
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pen - Size 08 - 0.5 mm (JetPens) - A good ol' standard for medium-sized lines.
- Pilot G-Tec-C Gel Pen - 0.4 mm - Black (JetPens) - omg. This pen makes such thin lines. It's so useful!
- Uniball Signo Broad in White (JetPens) - Everyone's go to white pen. Works way better than the Sakura Gelly Roll in white. It's not perfect, but it's pretty great.
- Pilot Color Eno Mechanical Pencil - 0.7 mm - Pink Body - Pink Lead (JetPens) - Everyone has got to have a colored led pencil right? Pink is easy to cover up and is cute. Plus, it lets me always have a pink colored pencil on hand. <3
- Uni Kuru Toga Roulette Model Auto Lead Rotation Mechanical Pencil - 0.5 mm - Gun Metallic Body (JetPens) - I don't love this pencil, but it was $15 and I'm going to use it. I switched out from the recommended led and I think I like it even less now. Oh well.
- Pentel ClicEraser - Omg, this eraser is great. I have no comments other than I strongly recommend it for ease of use and portability. It's not the best eraser at erasing, but that is a journey I am not interested in taking.
- Stillman & Birn Beta Sketchbook - Wirebound - 7" x 10" (JetPens) - Yo, this skechbook is a dream boat, but I'll write about that in detail later!