I recently figured out the point to blogging. For years, I have been struggling to try to understand why I wanted a blog, but had no interest in doing it seriously.
This month, I'm doing a challenge I've called "Be The Person You Think You Are." This challenge includes blogging weekly, among many other things. The goal of the challenge is to teach myself what I actually want to do, and what I don't. That way I no longer have to feel guilty about the things I don't actually want to do and are idealistic dreams.
That said, it's been teaching me more about why I want to keep a blog, or why anyone wants to keep a blog. And listen, it's a real basic observation, but holy shit--- people blog to have a conversation!
I work from home and I talk the ear off my partner on the regular-- I have so much I want to talk about, but no outlet. Except I do have an outlet. I have this blog. I can talk about pens for as long as I want on my blog, and I LOVE talking about pens.
So, all that lead up to say, I'm here to talk about pens.
I love everyday carry posts. To be honest, my everyday carry is the stuff I carry from upstairs to downstairs everyday. But, hey, it's still carried everyday!
- Raymay Topliner Pen Case - Violet (JetPens) - I bought this case a couple weeks ago and I love it. It holds a lot of pens (including longer pens), has a hard shell and is unicorn colored. Also, it has a carrying handle, which is useless, but is very charming.
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 847 - Crimson (JetPens) - I carry 4 Tombow Brush pens in my go-to colors. Crimson is my current red. I do think I will change the red in the future. Crimson is a very deep red and I'm looking for a very pure blue-red.
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 443 - Turquoise (JetPens) - This is a gorgeous blue. It's so good to look at. I love it. Also, I love these pens because they don't bleed through paper like Copics.
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 725 - Rhodamine Red (JetPens) - THIS. IS. A. PERFECT. HOT. PINK. I thought it was going to be struggle to find a good hot pink to carry around, but Tombow had my back.
- Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen - 623 - Purple Sage (JetPens) - Out of all my go-to colors, lilac/lavender is the most difficult to find. Purple sage works as a perfect light purple & works as a great stand in for grays and shadow-making.
- Pentel Pocket Brush Pen (JetPens) - This brush pen is a very popular item among artists. I understand why-- it's super versatile. Thin lines, thick lines and coloring in large spaces. It can do it all! I'm not great at using it for line art (yet) but I LOVE it for coloring.
- Faber-Castell PITT Pen 1,5 in Black - This is my pen for thick lines. I'm super into Faber-Castell pens, but this is the only one that made it into my everyday carry pile. (And that was due to the fact I already owned it and needed a nice pen that had the thickness of a papermate flair.)
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pen - Size 08 - 0.5 mm (JetPens) - A good ol' standard for medium-sized lines.
- Pilot G-Tec-C Gel Pen - 0.4 mm - Black (JetPens) - omg. This pen makes such thin lines. It's so useful!
- Uniball Signo Broad in White (JetPens) - Everyone's go to white pen. Works way better than the Sakura Gelly Roll in white. It's not perfect, but it's pretty great.
- Pilot Color Eno Mechanical Pencil - 0.7 mm - Pink Body - Pink Lead (JetPens) - Everyone has got to have a colored led pencil right? Pink is easy to cover up and is cute. Plus, it lets me always have a pink colored pencil on hand. <3
- Uni Kuru Toga Roulette Model Auto Lead Rotation Mechanical Pencil - 0.5 mm - Gun Metallic Body (JetPens) - I don't love this pencil, but it was $15 and I'm going to use it. I switched out from the recommended led and I think I like it even less now. Oh well.
- Pentel ClicEraser - Omg, this eraser is great. I have no comments other than I strongly recommend it for ease of use and portability. It's not the best eraser at erasing, but that is a journey I am not interested in taking.
- Stillman & Birn Beta Sketchbook - Wirebound - 7" x 10" (JetPens) - Yo, this skechbook is a dream boat, but I'll write about that in detail later!