It’s weird to know while a year is passing that'll be a year you're nostalgic for.
I started 2016 off miserable-- at a job I hated, in a city I hated, in so much debt and in a long distance relationship. Of course, there were good parts-- like living with my mom and my perfect angel of a dog.
Now it's December 2016, I have a house, an awesome job and everything is probably ok. Of course, I'm ignoring a few setbacks in society as a whole, but hey, this blog is about me.
My favorite posts are always year end posts. I love getting little capsules of friend's and stranger's growth and lifestyles. So, here are my major moments of 2017:
- Went to PAX South, SDCC, and A-kon. A small number of cons, but maximum impact.
- Met beloved internet baes in person, like Ben, Harper and Nicole.
- In April, I got my dream job. For real. I work for a company I dreamed of working for in a position I wanted to do.
- Because of this job, I’ve now been to NYC twice and Washington DC.
- I had caviar. Well, tater tots dipped in caviar. Luxury.
- I saw my first Broadway show and it was Hamilton! I got to see it with the majority of the original cast as well. :)
- I also have a really amazing new group of friends, that just happen to be my coworkers.
- I got wine wasted at a fancy wine tasting.
- I took a cooking class and it served to remind me— cooking is terrible, baking is where it’s at.
- Rekindled my love of illustration and painting. It was something I loved in high school, but forgot about when dating and college happened.
- Gathered a ridiculous collection of art supplies and finally decided to learn watercolors/gouache.
- Started playing Guild Wars 2. I spend way too much time and money on this dumb game, but it’s amazing and I love it.
- Became obsessed with ghost shows and ghosts in general
- (Bought &) Moved into a beautiful house with the Boyfriend
- Struggled with routine and productivity in the house (Still so much struggle)
- Happiness meant I stopped using social media and online creation as an escape, now I’m having a hard time figuring out their place in my life. Especially now that everyone is always sad, it’s so hard to will myself to want to go to Facebook or Twitter. (I’ve actually logged out of Facebook everywhere but work — as I run the work Facebook.)
- I started reading! This is recent, but I just got a Kindle Voyage and it is changing my entire world.
- I got way too into tea.
Oh, and I’m also into The Bachelor now. Can’t be perfect.